The Critics Group
"The Critics Group (also known as the London Critics Group) started out as a study group for singers in 1963, meeting at Ewan MacColl and Peggy Seeger's home in Beckenham. The Group, with no permanent membership, performed for each other and criticised each other, with a shared aim of improving the singing and performance of traditional folk song."
- John Faulkner & Sandra Kerr appear on all of The Critics Group's recordings.
- Terry Yarnell appears on all recordings but, Female Frolic.
- Other singers (musicians) appearing on The Critics Group's main albums:
- Ewan MacColl, Peggy Seeger, Jim O'Connor, Ted Culver, Frankie Armstrong, Jack Warshaw, Brian Pearson, Denis Turner, Aldwyn Cooper, Dick Snell & Phil Colclough
- Singers (musicians) that appear on the Poetry and Songs albums:
- Other singers (musicians) included in the group that do not appear on any of their albums:
- Bob Blair,
Pat Mackenzie, Dónal Maguire,
- A Merry Progress to London: 1966 — 2 Releases
- Sweet Thames Flow Softly: 1966 — 3 Releases
- Sweet Thames Flow Softly: 1966 - Argo (Z)DA 47 LP
- Sweet Thames Flow Softly: 1972 - Argo ZFB 61 LP
- Sweet Thames Flow Softly: 2006 - Vocalion CDSML 8424 CD
- Poetry and Song: 1967 & 68 — 14 Volumes
- The Female Frolic: 1968 — 2 Releases
- Waterloo — Peterloo: 1968 — 2 Releases
- Living Folk: 1970 - Albatross VPA 8093 LP
- As We Were A Sailing: 1971 - Argo ZDA 137 LP
- Ye Mariners All: 1971 - Argo ZDA 138 LP